Re: Announce - Thread safety annotations no longer supported in GCC

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 7:15 AM, Diego Novillo <dnovillo@google.com> wrote:

> We have decided to terminate the thread safety annotation project in
> GCC.
>
> The current implementation is in the branch google/main for those
> interested in using it. ÂWe will not be pursuing a merge into trunk.
> Instead, we have started implementing the same functionality in Clang.

What went into making this decision?  I know lot of folks will almost
never go over to using clang since it means supporting one extra
front-end.  I am thinking of the embedded folks here where they cannot
afford supporting something as new as clang for their customers.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski