This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 4.7 build problems
- From: Marc Glisse <marc dot glisse at inria dot fr>
- To: Vincent Diepeveen <diep at xs4all dot nl>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 18:36:53 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: GCC 4.7 build problems
- References: <171979E8-3362-4C94-B69A-2757BF6BB24B@xs4all.nl>
- Reply-to: gcc-help at gcc dot gnu dot org
On Sun, 15 Apr 2012, Vincent Diepeveen wrote:
GCC 4.7.0 is a big step forward! Really a quantumleap.
Works great at opensuse 11.3, both i386 and x64 here at AMD64 and intel Xeon
Fails to build at OpenSuse 11.2 as well as Scientific Linux 6.2 x64
hardware: dual socket Xeon L5420 in both cases.
"configure: error: cannot compute suffix of object files: cannot compile"
Exactly at same spot the same error like at opensuse 11.2
The building at Scientific Linux 6.2 x64 is pretty important - it's the same
distro basically like RHEL 6.2
SL 6.2 runs a cluster for me. Performance there is crucial.
Anyone knows a way how to get it to work there?
Is this the correct list to report build errors?
No, please send any follow-up to firstname.lastname@example.org only.