Re: Switching to C++ by default in 4.8

On 4/13/2012 9:34 PM, Chiheng Xu wrote:
On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 7:38 PM, Richard Guenther
<richard.guenther@gmail.com>  wrote:

Oh, and did we address all the annoyances of debugging gcc when it's compiled by a C++ compiler? ...

Probably, if you can refrain from using some "advance" C++ features(namespace, template, etc.), you will not have such annoyances.

To me namespaces are fundamental in terms of the advantages that moving to C++ can give in a large project, I would never regard them as some "advanced" feature to be avoided. If namespaces cause trouble for the debugger, that's surprising and problematic!