Re: Merging gdc (GNU D Compiler) into gcc

On 4 October 2011 08:08, Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've have received news from Walter Bright that the license of the D
> frontend has been assigned to the FSF. As the current maintainer of
> GDC, I would like to get this moved forward, starting with getting the
> ball rolling. What would need to be done? And what are the processes
> required? (ie: passing the project through to technical review.)
>
> The current home of GDC is here: https://bitbucket.org/goshawk/gdc

This has been rather long wait from my side of the pond (moving has
taken away quite some time from my side).  But I'll be in a position
to begin discussion on arrangements this weekend for patches to be
submitted for GCC 4.8.

I would be grateful if we could start and maintain discussions on
making this happen, and I hope some sort of agreement could be reached
by the end of the month.

Regards

--
Iain Buclaw