Re: Switching to C++ by default in 4.8

Hi,

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012, Xinliang David Li wrote:

> > Actually it's not questionable. ÂThe above stuff is _horrible_.
>
> Specifics please.  It is _horrible_ because you are more used to the
> existing way and the new style does not match your taste or they are
> very hard to understand and use?

Your style (I wouldn't call it The New Style) is visually distracting, and
therefore harder to understand and use, longer to write and full of
syntactic noise without any whitespace.  Quite frankly, how anyone could
ever say that

  exp->as_component_ref().get_field()

is easier to read/write/use than

  GET_FIELD_DECL (exp)

(say when we #define GET_FIELD_DECL(x) TREE_OPERAND(x,1)), with or without
all-caps, is completely beyond me.  I pretty much hope that we never see
the ugliness of the first way in GCCs code base.  Even in C++ it's
possible to write non-spaghetti code.

Ciao,
Michael.