Re: RFC: -Wall by default

On 4/9/2012 1:29 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

We are in agreement.  I was just explaining to Gerald that his proposal
would have been my first choice, but I am compromising by moving to
your suggestion.  My complaint is the introduction of a new switch
just to accomodate warnings that should not have been in -Wall.  But,
I can live with that.

Well if the set of options is chosen right, -Wstandard is not a switch that will be used, and equally -Wno-standard will not be often used, so yes, it is an extra switch, but not one that has to be remembered.

Gerald