Re: RFC: -Wall by default

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Gerald Pfeifer <gerald@pfeifer.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Apr 2012, Robert Dewar wrote:
>> Do you really want me to file hundreds of bug reports that are for
>> cases of uninitialized variables well known to everyone, and well
>> understood by everyone, and not easy to fix (or would have been
>> fixed long ago)?
>
> Perhaps we should move this class of warning from -Wall to -Wextra?
>
> (I'd prefer that over introducing yet another option -Wstandard.)

That would be my preferred solution -- by far.  But, my understanding
is that that would provoke a riot so I am willing to compromise by introducing
a new warning switch (even if I dislike that thought.)
Hopefully, it is it is going to be the default, most people would not have
to learn yet another GCC switch.