Re: Switching to C++ by default in 4.8

On 04/04/2012 11:06 AM, Richard Guenther wrote:
> So - I'll veto the switch unless I see 1) and 2).  1) and 2) can be combined
> by transitioning vec.h to a C++ template class, with proper GC support.
> (not sure that I can veto anything - heh)

I don't think I can veto anything, but I'll go on the record again
saying that I don't think this entire plan is a good idea. Write a new
project in C++? Absolutely. Convert a large existing one to a different
language? A huge waste of time that will distract us for years from
actual user-visible changes.

I also find debugging C++ in gdb somewhat more annoying than debugging
plain C, and at the moment I always go back to a stage1 compiler.

Bernd