Re: Switching to C++ by default in 4.8

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 1:37 PM, Diego Novillo <dnovillo@google.com> wrote:

> We would like to start the process to make GCC 4.8 build in C++ mode by
> default.
>
> The mechanics of the change are simple enough. ?I volunteer to test changing
> the default on all primary targets (assuming I can get them from the GCC
> build farm).

I appreciate the motivation, but this may cause major problems on
non-GNU/Linux platforms.  Testing on all primary targets is not
enough.

Do you expect GCC to be able to bootstrap starting from a vendor C++
compiler or will this require G++?

What is the earliest release of G++ that will allow GCC to bootstrap?

Thanks, David