This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Switching to C++ by default in 4.8
- From: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 21:13:00 -0400
- Subject: Re: Switching to C++ by default in 4.8
- References: <4F7B356E.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 1:37 PM, Diego Novillo <email@example.com> wrote:
> We would like to start the process to make GCC 4.8 build in C++ mode by
> The mechanics of the change are simple enough. ?I volunteer to test changing
> the default on all primary targets (assuming I can get them from the GCC
> build farm).
I appreciate the motivation, but this may cause major problems on
non-GNU/Linux platforms. Testing on all primary targets is not
Do you expect GCC to be able to bootstrap starting from a vendor C++
compiler or will this require G++?
What is the earliest release of G++ that will allow GCC to bootstrap?