This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 4.7.0 as a AVR cross compiler
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: stuart <stuart at trognet dot demon dot co dot uk>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 12:22:28 -0700
- Subject: Re: GCC 4.7.0 as a AVR cross compiler
- References: <20120330174608.3140b2c9@naked>
stuart <email@example.com> writes:
> I am not sure this is the right place to ask this
It's not. The right place is firstname.lastname@example.org. Please take any
followups there. Thanks.
> I can not seem to get gcc 4.7.0 to compile; it will not complete the
> configuration stage complaining about missing packages (GMP, MPFR and
> MPC). I have tried to cross compile these packages for the Atmel AVR
> Mega series but the only one that seems to complete is the GMP
> package. The cross compile did produce a lib file (and install it and
> the gpm.h file in the correct place) but nothing else would accept that
> GMP was present on the system.
You need to have GMP, MPFR, and MPC for the host. You do not need to
cross-compile them for AVR.