GSoC :Project Idea(Before final Submission) for review and feedback

Dear All,
I am a MTech student at Indain Institute of Technology, Roorkee. I
want to do my GSoC12 project under your guidance. I am writing this
mail for a basic review and feedback on my project idea before formal
submission.

This project idea is mainly concentrated on improvement or addition a
new feature in the gcc compiler.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Problem Statement:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GCC compiler is the most popular c compiler. If there is a small bug
in the program, the gcc shows the error and did not generate the
executable (out) file. Even a small mistake done by a programmer made
his program execution impossible which means an unfinished assignment
!!! This case is not at all programmer friendly. This project idea is
based on this problem faced by programmers. Here I shall try to make
our favorite gcc compiler more programmer friendly.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Project Title:  Partial executable generation using GCC
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Project Idea:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The GCC compiler can be added with an extra feature to generate an
partial executable file after showing the current bugs in the
programs. Here it can be done by analyzing the data flow of the c code
and eliminating the part of the program which is dependent on the
erroneous portion of the program. Then the compiler shows the error
and warnings in the code and generate the partial executable version
of the code.
This feature may make gcc to a higher level of programmer friendly compiler.

--
Thanking You,

Regards
Subrata Biswas