Re: Second GCC 4.7.0 Release Candidate available from gcc.gnu.org

Richard Guenther schrieb:
GCC 4.7.0 Release Candidate available from gcc.gnu.org

A second release candidate for GCC 4.7.0 is available from

ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/snapshots/4.7.0-RC-20120314

and shortly its mirrors. It has been generated from SVN revision 185376.

I have so far bootstrapped and tested the release candidate on
x86_64-linux.  Please test it and report any issues to bugzilla.

Some days ago I learned that even if there are solutions to reported bugs, these solutions is already upstream to trunk and approved to be backported to 4.7.1, these bugfixes are prohibited for the 4.7.0 release.

Can someone explain this "fix as few as possible bugs" rule to me?

I don't want to question that precedure, I just want to understand it.

If the reason is "not destabilize the release": What is the advantage of having exact the same destabilization at a later point, namely for the 4.7.1 release in this specific case?

Thanks.