Re: C++ linking problem when locale are disabled in eglic.

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012, paul.chavent@fnac.net wrote:

> It seems that gcc/libstdc++-v3/acinclude.m4 doesn't check for bugs in
> early glibc-2.2.x series anymore. So, it doesn't detect the lack of
> newlocale, duplocale, freelocale, nl_langinfo_l and uselocale. On the
> other hand, there is a new test for the presence of uclibc
> (!defined(__UCLIBC__)).

The point of that change of mine
<http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2010-05/msg01381.html> was to eliminate
an AC_TRY_RUN test that was bad for cross compiling.  I guess this issue
indicates that we do still need a compile or link test to make sure the
functions are present - although not testing for any particular bugs in
them.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com