This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Memory Model
- From: Andrew MacLeod <amacleod at redhat dot com>
- To: Joe Gottman <josephgottman at comcast dot net>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 08:44:57 -0400
- Subject: Re: Memory Model
- References: <4F5B626C.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 03/10/2012 09:17 AM, Joe Gottman wrote:
According to the news on the front page, the C++11 memory model
has been added to gcc. But C++11 status page
(http://gcc.gnu.org/projects/cxx0x.html) says that it hasn't. Is this
Atomic support with memory model parameters have been added, but
complete support is not quite there yet. A full optimization audit has
not been performed, so it is possible to introduce data races which were
not there before. Bitfields operations do not yet conform either.
That said, any one who encounters cases where those memory model
non-compliances occur should open a bugzilla so we can make sure we have
them covered in 4.8.