This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: x86_64 -mcmodel=smallhigh, cont'd
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Jed Davis <jedidiah at vmware dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 12:39:25 +1100
- Subject: Re: x86_64 -mcmodel=smallhigh, cont'd
- References: <20120117212010.GG20856@vmware.com>
On 01/18/2012 08:20 AM, Jed Davis wrote:
> But my other question is: is there interest in having this change
> contributed? It's not inherently vendor-specific, but I'm having trouble
> thinking of anyone else who'd want to use it, and I don't know what GCC's
> policy is on features like that.
It would be useful in certain other conditions as well, such as
userspace emulators that want the low 4g free for use by the
emulated address space.