Re: Lapack tester

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 08:34:41PM +0100, Thomas Koenig wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have set up a semi-automatic lapack tester on
> powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu (gcc110 on the gcc compile farm).
> It downloads the current trunk, compiles it, then uses that
> compiler to compile the reference BLAS and Lapack and run the LAPACK
> test suite, cycling through the Lapack build with different compiler
> options.
>
> An example of the results is at
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2012-01/msg01757.html
>
> It is inexpensive to add another set of options to the scripts.
> If there is interest, I could easily do so.
>
> I have found one problem, PR 51751, which could also be an upstream bug.

PR 51751 seems to concern only complex*16 failures.  Have
you had a chance to look at the real and double precision
errors?

Being semi-automatic, can you run the timing tests, too?  These
would obviously reveal possible performance regressions.  It
would also be interesting to see if -ftree-vectorize helps
performance.

Against my better judgement, I'll suggest a run with
'-O3 -ffast-math'.  It seems a large number of gfortran
users use -ffast-math.

--
Steve