This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: libobjc: Remove Traditional Objective-C runtime API
- From: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>
- To: Nicola Pero <nicola dot pero at meta-innovation dot com>
- Cc: Jochen Schmitt <Jochen at herr-schmitt dot de>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 18:34:09 +0000
- Subject: Re: libobjc: Remove Traditional Objective-C runtime API
- References: <email@example.com>
On 06/07/2011 08:37 PM, Nicola Pero wrote:
> This patch completes the removal of the public part of the
> Traditional Objective-C runtime API from libobjc.
> From now on, the only supported API is the "Modern" API. :-)
Nicola, this is causing trouble for Fedora. The Fedora maintainer has
been advised by GNUstep upstream to switch to LLVM.
Do you understand what is going on? Will LLVM keep the Traditional
Objective-C runtime API? Or maybe GNUstep will update their software?
This is very perplexing.