Re: Changes to GNAT Library - is this the right place?

On 1/15/2012 7:21 PM, Mr Anthony Arnold wrote:
I would like to make a change to the GNAT.SHA1 library. I hope this
is the right mailing list.

Currently, this library only supports the return of a String digest
of the SHA1 sum. I would like to be able to access the H member of
the Context so that I can work with the 5x32-bit integers that make
up the hash. I am happy to make the change myself, but I am a
first-time contributer and am unsure of the process.

Any change to the interface of a GNAT hierarchy package has to be done very carefully to absolutely minimize non-upward compatibility. With this in mind, feel free to propose a patch. You will need to make sure you have a copyright assignment form on file with the FSF before you can make any contributions.