This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Go in gcc 4.7
- From: Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gofrontend-dev at googlegroups dot com
- Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 09:03:34 +0100
- Subject: Re: Go in gcc 4.7
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 5:43 AM, Ian Lance Taylor <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> The Go language is closing in what we are calling Go version 1. ?This
> will be a long-term stable release of Go, with no language or library
> API changes. ?Go 1 is described here:
There is still no official ABI, right? So no chance of different Go
to interoperate? Are the ABIs that the different implementations use documented
Definitely though this is worth mentioning in gcc-4.7/changes.html.
> The expected completion date is late February.
> My goal with gccgo is to include a complete Go 1 implementation with the
> gcc 4.7 release. ?Therefore, I plan to continue to patch the code in
> gcc/go and libgo. ?There shouldn't be any major changes, but there will
> be various minor ones. ?Since this code is only built optionally, it
> should not affect the rest of the release process.
> Please let me know about any objections or concerns.