This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: Porting 64-bit target on 32-bit host
- From: "Bingfeng Mei" <bmei at broadcom dot com>
- To: "Huang Ping" <huangping at mprc dot pku dot edu dot cn>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 07:21:40 -0700
- Subject: RE: Porting 64-bit target on 32-bit host
- References: <CAB9g6PRvV4rVugtuL3y5nhODvO9Yhm1EdBqYPiNdpJFeieE3GA@mail.gmail.com>
I believe that 64-bit target on 32-bit host is not supported by GCC.
You need a lot of hackings to do so.
Check this thread.
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2009-03/msg00908.html
Bingfeng Mei
> -----Original Message-----
> From: gcc-owner@gcc.gnu.org [mailto:gcc-owner@gcc.gnu.org] On Behalf Of
> Huang Ping
> Sent: 10 October 2011 11:29
> To: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
> Subject: Porting 64-bit target on 32-bit host
>
> Hi, all
>
> I'm porting a 64-bit target gcc on a 32-bit i386 host. I have set
> need_64bit_hwint to yes in config.gcc. But it fails when building
> libgcc.
> Then I did a simple test. test case like this:
> int test ()
> {
> ? return 0;
> }
>
> I use cc1 compile it with -fdump-tree-all. The 003t.orioginal dump file
> shows:
> {
> ? return 1900544;
> }
>
> I guess the compiler may take constant 0 as TImode, and read the
> adjacent word in memory. But I'm not sure. Could someone give some
> advice?
> Thanks.
>
> Ping