This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++11 atomic library notes
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Andrew MacLeod <amacleod at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Lawrence Crowl <crowl at google dot com>, Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>, Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>, GCC <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 11:09:57 -0700
- Subject: Re: C++11 atomic library notes
- References: <4E862864.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4E89F171.email@example.com> <4E89F6C6.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 10/03/2011 10:54 AM, Andrew MacLeod wrote:
> its a library call for arbitrary sized objects... C++ can have any
> class declared atomic, so it doesn't have to map to one of those
> optimized lock-free routines.
Ah, I get it now. Ew.