Re: Volatile qualification on pointer and data

On 21/09/11 15:21, David Brown wrote:
And since this
situation would not occur in real code (at least, not code that is
expected to do something useful other than test the compiler's code
generation), there is no harm in making sub-optimal object code.

Actually the reason why I noticed this is because one of our engineers told that GCC stopped generating instructions for certain operations when he moved from GCC45 to GCC46. This code is real code.

Cheers,
--
PMatos