This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: role of dump_file notably for/in plugins?
- From: Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Basile Starynkevitch <basile at starynkevitch dot net>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 16:28:15 +0200
- Subject: Re: role of dump_file notably for/in plugins?
- References: <20110831142447.GD26845@ours.starynkevitch.net>
On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 4:24 PM, Basile Starynkevitch
<basile@starynkevitch.net> wrote:
> Hello Folks
>
> What is the intended role of the dump_file [the one known in tree-pass.h
> near line 101] for plugins?
>
> May plugins print their arbitrary things (e.g. their own debug printing)
> inside? I believe that yea, but I am not sure.
>
> May plugins set the dump_file variable (for instance to stderr). I believe
> that no, but I am not sure.
>
> Can dump_file be used outside passes (e.g. in the initialization part of a
> plugin)? I believe that no, but I hesitate.
Look at how it is set.. That answers all of your questions.
Richard.
> Cheers.
>
>
> --
> Basile STARYNKEVITCH ? ? ? ? http://starynkevitch.net/Basile/
> email: basile<at>starynkevitch<dot>net mobile: +33 6 8501 2359
> 8, rue de la Faiencerie, 92340 Bourg La Reine, France
> *** opinions {are only mines, sont seulement les miennes} ***
>