hash signature of cc1 etc....?

Hello All,

As far as I understand, plugins' shared objects are not supposed to (be guaranteed to)
work when gcc changes, even from one patchlevel to the next, or perhaps even when it has
been rebuilt.

In MELT, I am trying very hard to enforce that MELT modules (the *.so produced by
compiling the *.c generated by MELT) are rebuilt when needed, and I even encode in these
*.so some md5sum related to the gcc loading it.

Maybe we should have an easy way to display such checksums.

Should we add an option to the gcc driver which would print such checksums?

Of course, people could use a shell script using the output of gcc -print-file-name=cc1
etc, but I was imagining something simpler, like eg an hypothetical option
gcc -print-internal-checksums

Regards
*** opinions {are only mine, sont seulement les miennes} ***