This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PARM_DECL to SSA_NAME
- From: Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Matt Davis <mattdavis9 at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 12:35:47 +0200
- Subject: Re: PARM_DECL to SSA_NAME
- References: <20110717031716.GA2000@excelsa.csse.unimelb.edu.au>
On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 5:17 AM, Matt Davis <email@example.com> wrote:
> I have a PARM_DECL node that I am passing to a function. ?Previously, my code
> was working, but since I have made my optimization pass operate as an IPA pass,
> versus a GIMPLE pass, I think I am missing some verification/resolution call
> that I need to make.
> Of course, when I pass the PARM_DECL to my function, I am now getting an error
> from verify_ssa() suggesting that I should be passing a SSA_NAME instance. ?I tried
> using gimple_default_def() to obtain the SSA_NAME for that PARM_DECL, however,
> the return value is NULL. ?Is there some other way of accessing the SSA_NAME
> information for this PARM_DECL node? ?The SSA has been generated before my plugin
> executes. ?Also, I do call update_ssa() after the routines are processed by my
You have to create the default definition if it doesn't already exist
only returns an existing one.
> Thanks for any insight.