Re: C++ bootstrap of GCC - still useful ?

Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@adacore.com> writes:

>> If there is an up to date patch, I'm happy to review it if it would
>> help.  But perhaps an Ada maintainer would prefer to do the review, I
>> don't know what the usual policy is as I've never approved an Ada patch.
>
> The patch is here: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2011-07/msg00845.html

Thanks.

I'm not sure that always setting LINKER=$(CXX) in gnattools/Makefile.in
is correct.  It seems to me that that should vary based on
--enable-build-with-cxx, as is done in gcc/Makefile.in.  But I don't
know much about building Ada, and perhaps this is right.

Otherwise the patch looks fine to me, for whatever that is worth.

Ian