This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++ bootstrap of GCC - still useful ?
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Toon Moene <toon at moene dot org>
- Cc: gcc mailing list <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 21:45:42 -0700
- Subject: Re: C++ bootstrap of GCC - still useful ?
- References: <4E18B50E.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Toon Moene <email@example.com> writes:
> As of a couple of months, I perform a bootstrap-with-C++
> (--enable-build-with-cxx) daily on my machine between 18:10 and 20:10
> I see that the build by a C++ compiler has been the subject of the GCC
> Gathering at Google:
> C++ style and migration crowl writing and using C++ in gcc
> It is not quite clear what the outcome of this discussion was.
> Is there still interest in daily builds like mine ?
Yes, it's definitely useful.
The immediate blocker to using C++ in gcc is the Ada frontend.
--enable-build-with-cxx and --enable-languages=ada do not work together.