This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++0x] Range-based for statements and ADL
On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 5:13 AM, Rodrigo Rivas
<rodrigorivascosta@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 5:46 PM, Jason Merrill <jason@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Yep. ?Here is the wording that we approved today:
> [snip]
>
> Nice. Thank you.
> But now I'm a bit concerned about the complexity of this issue. Mind
> me, I think that this solution is nice, but maybe it is a burden for
> library implementors.
>
> Let's say that I want to imitate 'exactly' the behavior of the
> range-for, but with a plain old for (there are plenty of reasons for
> that):
troubles are not far when people start wanting C++ to do everything
including doing exactly in library what a core language facility was
invented to do.
IMNSHO, it is almost almost a mistake to take that direction.