This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: coreutils fails to compile wih GCC 4.6.0-rc2 but compile fine with
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: tnut at nutyx dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot <org at tuxfamily dot org>
- Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 10:40:31 +0100
- Subject: Re: coreutils fails to compile wih GCC 4.6.0-rc2 but compile fine with
- References: <296e607dd08dabb052324c5abfda2425.squirrel@webmail.tuxfamily.org>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 10:30:46AM +0100, tnut@nutyx.com wrote:
> I heard you would like to release gtcc4.6.0 next week, so I quickly set up
> a new pass 1 from LFS. With gcc-4.6-20110205, I Manage to compile
> coreutils (and almost the all set of ports of NuTyX) but with this
> version of gcc I get stuck at coreutils in the first pass. May be it's me
> but I prefer to ask your opignion. Maybe have look at the logs so far:
>
> http://kiao.no-ip.info/NuTyX/logs/2011/i686/pass1/17_coreutils.log
Tbat's almost certainly a user error.
The:
./configure ... --with-gmp-include=/tmp/work/src/coreutils-8.10/gmp
configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-gmp-include
warning might hint you at the error. If you don't have gmp.h available
in standard include paths, it isn't surprising the compilation fails.
Nothing to do with gcc.
Jakub