This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: darwin LTO broken under Xcode 3.2.6/4.0
On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 9:41 PM, Jack Howarth <howarth@bromo.med.uc.edu> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 09:38:06PM +0100, Steven Bosscher wrote:
>> I agree it is probably better to re-code things, but that will be
>> impossible do before GCC 4.6 goes out.
>>
>> We have to make a decision: keep the LTO support for Mach-O in for now
>> and recommend a non-recent Xcode, disable it for the GCC 4.6 release
>> and for the GCC 4.5.x series.
>
> Steven,
> ? Did I misread you message at...
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2011-03/msg01336.html
>
> as it seems to suggest otherwise? We do need a clear answer from Apple
> about how n_sect is validated though (per segment or per file).
> ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Jack
No, I'm sure Ian is right. For an intermediate object file (.o file)
all sections are stuffed into a single segment, and it also would
appear that the section numbers are per file, not per segment.
Ciao!
Steven