This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Inline param docs up-to-date?


On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 5:00 PM, Benjamin Redelings
<benjamin.redelings@nescent.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ? ?I have a C++ numerical code which runs about 40% slower which compiled
> with 4.6 than with 4.5. I plan to submit a bug report later -- reducing the
> bug to a test case will take a while and I can't start yet.
>
> ? ?Can anyone tell me if the 4.6 svn manpage is currently up-to-date in
> describing the function and default values of the --param's that control
> inlining? ?(I'd like to see changes in inlining behavior could be
> responsible for the slowdown.)

They are not up-to-date, you can check gcc/params.def for the current
defaults though.  --help=params should probably try to print the defaults.

Richard.

> thanks,
>
> -BenRI
>


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]