This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

gcc4.1.2 and 4.3.2 has different default behavior


Hello All,
I have encountered one issue when write a simple test code.
#inlcude <iostream>
int main{
  const char* str = "aaaa";
  std::cout<<"str len: "<<strlen(str)<<std::endl;
 return 0;
}

If I compile on gcc version 4.1.2 20070115 (SUSE Linux), it can be
compiled successfully. Otherwise, on gcc version 4.3.2 [gcc-4_3-branch
revision 141291] (SUSE Linux), it will show
linux-lht2:/home/yixuan # g++ aa.cpp
aa.cpp: In function âint main()â:
aa.cpp:6: error: âstrlenâ was not declared in this scope

I don't know where can I get the information to explain the different behavior?

Thanks,
yixuan


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]