This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: how can I write a right V32QI Unpack Low Data insn pattern?
- From: Nathan Froyd <froydnj at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at gmail dot com>, Liu <proljc at gmail dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, hellogcc <hellogcc at freelists dot org>
- Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 07:48:17 -0800
- Subject: Re: how can I write a right V32QI Unpack Low Data insn pattern?
- References: <AANLkTin2H0y4LRr6=z+=1+NZuRa1hFBuF6wXg2HivEHt@mail.gmail.com> <mcr1v2rg2lx.fsf@google.com> <AANLkTinBUxKw+PdMbuw9zUSuPHw3QhqpjOWQotu46zun@mail.gmail.com> <4D6E4EE8.60200@gmail.com> <mcr1v2p8sgi.fsf@google.com>
On Wed, Mar 02, 2011 at 07:14:53AM -0800, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> This patch should at least cause genrecog to crash for you rather than
> generating bogus output. I've verified that this patch bootstraps on
> x86_64 and makes no difference in the generated insn-recog.c. Can you
> see whether this gives you a crash? Any opinion on whether I should
> commit this to mainline?
>
> + gcc_assert (i < 26);
> + gcc_assert (j < 26);
> + gcc_assert (j - 1 < 26);
Is it worthwhile pulling out the 26 into a #define somewhere? (Maybe
not, as there are pre-existing 26-esque constants elsewhere?)
-Nathan