Re: Trouble doing bootstrap

Paul Koning <paul_koning@dell.com> writes:

> My build system doesn't have LD_LIBRARY_PATH defined so whatever is
> the Linux default would apply.  Perhaps I should change that.  But it
> seems strange that configure finds the prerequisites and then ends up
> generating makefiles that produce a compiler that can't find those
> things, even when it's built into the same /usr/local as the libraries
> it depends on.

Yes, it's a mess.  But we don't know of any really clean way to fix it.

I very strongly recommend that if you want to build gcc's supporting
libraries yourself, rather than getting them from your distro, that you
configure them with --disable-shared when you build them.

Or, if you must, add /usr/local/lib to your /etc/ld.so.conf file or to
one of your /etc/ld.so.conf.d files, and run ldconfig.

Ian