Re: 2010 GCC and GNU Toolchain Developers' Summit

2010/8/30 NightStrike <nightstrike@gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 1:33 PM, Toon Moene <toon@moene.org> wrote:
>> NightStrike wrote:

>>> Only a gfortran person? ?Because I'd like to nominate Kai Tietz for
>>> that, if he's willing to accept.
>>
>> Well, obviously, I mostly interested in the progress of the Mother Of All
>> Programming Languages, but I might be persuaded to fund a lesser cause.
>>
>> [ Add :-)'s to taste ]
>
> Well, you might be interested to know that we've been working hard to
> get the *best language in the world* to work on our target platform,
> Win64. ?In fact, the last testsuite I ran has it down to just 2 or
> three distinct errors, depending on how you count. ?A year or two ago,
> we couldn't even run the front end without it segfaulting. ?This makes
> GCC a big competitor to Absoft for targetting 64-bit windows, and Kai
> is the prime mover on that front.

Hello Toon,

I am grateful for this opportunity.  I am just a bit curious to get
it. Indeed it would be great. Indeed we spend the last years much
effort to support "The mother of all languages" for windows and
especially for x64. There are still some minor nits open, but they are
already addressed and get hopefully fixed in 4.6.

So if you serious, thank you very much.
Kai