Re: 2010 GCC and GNU Toolchain Developers' Summit

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 1:33 PM, Toon Moene <toon@moene.org> wrote:
> NightStrike wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 4:22 PM, I <toon@moene.org> wrote:
>
>>> Perhaps some from the gfortran effort would like to give a talk. ?As far
>>> ?as
>>> I can see I can support one person financially (trip from Europe to
>>> Ottawa
>>> vice versa and stay in "Les Suites").
>>
>> Only a gfortran person? ?Because I'd like to nominate Kai Tietz for
>> that, if he's willing to accept.
>
> Well, obviously, I mostly interested in the progress of the Mother Of All
> Programming Languages, but I might be persuaded to fund a lesser cause.
>
> [ Add :-)'s to taste ]

Well, you might be interested to know that we've been working hard to
get the *best language in the world* to work on our target platform,
Win64.  In fact, the last testsuite I ran has it down to just 2 or
three distinct errors, depending on how you count.  A year or two ago,
we couldn't even run the front end without it segfaulting.  This makes
GCC a big competitor to Absoft for targetting 64-bit windows, and Kai
is the prime mover on that front.