Could we use VIEW_CONVERT_EXPR to build ADDR_EXPR ?

Hi,

 I am working on bug 45260 and found that the problem is related to VIEW_CONVERT_EXPR.

In the prefetching pass, we generate the base address for the prefetching:
tree-ssa-loop-prefetch.c (issue_prefetch_ref):

addr_base = build_fold_addr_expr_with_type (ref->mem, ptr_type_node);
+ gcc_assert (is_gimple_address (addr_base));

Here ref->mem is a COMPONENT_REF and contains a VIEW_CONVERT_EXPR. When I put
an assert after  build_fold_addr_expr_with_type, I found that the addr_base is not a gimple
address at all. The direct reason is that the TREE_OPERAND of the VIEW_CONVERT_EXPR
is a SSA_NAME.

My questions are:

(1) Can we generate address expression for COMPONENT_REF and contains VIEW_CONVERT
      expression (is it legal to do so)?

(2) The assert in the bug actually occurs  in verify_expr in tree-cfg.c, is this assert valid?

I need to understand whether the bug is in the VIEW_CONVERT_EXPR generation or in build_fold_addr_expr_with_type.

Thanks for your inputs.

Changpeng