Re: GFDL/GPL issues

Florian Weimer wrote:
* Robert Dewar:

Does *anyone* print documentation "out as a book", this seems to me
to be a completely obsolete concept.

People still buy books which are available freely in electronic form. This means that some printing still goes on.

I think there is a difference between a novel you can hold and read, and computer documentation. My question was not whether anyone reads books any more, it was whether people read computer manuals in this form any more.

It might also be necessary to consider what it means when a GFDLed work is loaded into an electronic reader device. (My immediate reaction is that this usually done on explicit request from the reade, and we're not in the business of restricting reading, but YMMV.)

Indeed, an interesting question, and of course in the case of electronic reading, one can imagine generating absolutely up to date documentation on demand.