This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GFDL/GPL issues
- From: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- To: Robert Dewar <dewar at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot COM>, Paul Koning <paul_koning at Dell dot com>, Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>, "dnovillo\ at google dot com" <dnovillo at google dot com>, "ams\ at gnu dot org" <ams at gnu dot org>, "bkoz\ at redhat dot com" <bkoz at redhat dot com>, "gcc\ at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "iant\ at google dot com" <iant at google dot com>, "mark\ at codesourcery dot com" <mark at codesourcery dot com>, "richard dot guenther\ at gmail dot com" <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, "stevenb dot gcc\ at gmail dot com" <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 10:36:41 +0200
- Subject: Re: GFDL/GPL issues
- References: <email@example.com> <11007291247.AA02219@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu> <4C5195FA.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4C52B176.email@example.com> <4C52E1C0.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4C53696B.email@example.com> <4C536B50.firstname.lastname@example.org> <AANLkTikQ_ajAfJu8LkCjCP_tVBmZOkNgXFNmFHAMzTiY@mail.gmail.com> <11008022317.AA08984@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu> <E5A51D93-66B1-40E1-8431-34F8F11E5E6D@dell.com> <20100803162022.GU17485@synopsys.com> <4C58647D.email@example.com>
* Robert Dewar:
> Does *anyone* print documentation "out as a book", this seems to me
> to be a completely obsolete concept.
People still buy books which are available freely in electronic form.
This means that some printing still goes on.
It might also be necessary to consider what it means when a GFDLed
work is loaded into an electronic reader device. (My immediate
reaction is that this usually done on explicit request from the reade,
and we're not in the business of restricting reading, but YMMV.)