Re: gcc.dg/graphite/interchange-9.c and small memory target

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 10:29, Jie Zhang <jie@codesourcery.com> wrote:
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> I currently encountered an issue when testing
> gcc.dg/graphite/interchange-9.c on a ARM bare-metal board which has only 4MB
> memory.
>
> Apparently, with
>
> #define N 1111
> #define M 1111
>
> "int A[N*M]" in main is too large to fit in stack.
>
> There are several ways to solve this issue:
>
> 1. Make this test a compile test instead of a run test.
>
> 2. Define both M and N to 111. I checked and the test is still valid, ie it
> still tests what is intended.
>
> 3. Use STACK_SIZE macro to calculate M and N. But I don't know how to do
> that. And I'm not sure if we got a very small M and N, the test will be
> still valid.
>
> Which way do you like most?

I would say, let's go for solution 2.

I don't like the first solution as you want to also validate
that the transform is correct.   As for solution 3, I do not know
either how to do that.

I will keep in mind these limitations for the future testcases.

Thanks,
Sebastian