This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: some integer undefined behaviors in gcc
- From: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- To: John Regehr <regehr at cs dot utah dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2010 13:38:05 +0200
- Subject: Re: some integer undefined behaviors in gcc
- References: <4C58A5E8.firstname.lastname@example.org>
* John Regehr:
> I ran gcc 162830 on x86 under a tool that checks for integer undefined
> behaviors. The attached error messages show up when running "make
> check" and when recompiling gcc.
> Each line in the attachment is an error message giving the problematic
> operator, its srcloc, the types of its operands, and examples of
> offending values.
> Let me know if more detail is needed or if it would be better for me to
> file all 71 bug reports.
I wonder if we should give up and make -fwrapv the default.