Re: Canadian cross build fails on 64 bits build machine

On Fri, 6 Aug 2010, Christophe LYON wrote:

> From my brief investigation, I think that the problem is due to the fact that
> struct real_value uses the 'long' type for the 'sig' field, while the
> computation of REAL_WIDTH relies on HOST_BITS_PER_WIDE_INT.

No, this is not a problem; it's fine to use long in the representation but
HOST_WIDE_INT when stored in an rtx.  The issue appears rather to be with

#define REAL_VALUE_TYPE_SIZE (SIGNIFICAND_BITS + 32)

where with 64-bit long there are going to be 32 bits of padding in this
structure that are not allowed for.  Try changing that 32 to
HOST_BITS_PER_LONG.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com