Re: Parma Polyhedra Library 0.11

On 08/04/10 20:58, Jack Howarth wrote:
On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 05:43:33PM +0200, Roberto Bagnara wrote:
The core development team is very pleased to announce the availability
of PPL 0.11, a new release of the Parma Polyhedra Library.

This release has many new features, some of which developed in strict
coordination with the people behind GCC/Graphite.  The main novelties
are:

- a class PIP_Problem that provides a Parametric Integer Programming
   problem solver;

- "deterministic" timeout computation facilities;

- support for termination analysis via the automatic synthesis of
   linear ranking functions;

- support for approximating computations involving (bounded)
   machine integers.

Roberto, I noticed that this release bumps the actual soversion numbers so that we have libppl.9.dylib, libpwl.5.dylib and libppl_c.4.dylib rather than libppl.7.dylib, libpwl.4.dylib and libppl_c.2.dylib from the 0.10.x releases.

Hi Jack,

yes, the soversion numbers have been updated as needed
(this should not come as a surprise though).

So I assume we now need legacy ppl packages for
the older cloog library builds and will have to bump the soversion
on any newer cloog that builds against ppl 0.11, right?

I am not familiar enough with cloog to answer that. What I can do is to recommend the use of PPL 0.11 instead of PPL 0.10.* for the reasons explained in the NEWS file. Cheers,

Roberto

--
Prof. Roberto Bagnara
Applied Formal Methods Laboratory