Re: GFDL/GPL issues

On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 00:16, Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com> wrote:

> In any case, you're suggesting we go against the express wishes of the
> FSF. ÂWould you suggest that we do that in the context of FSF GCC?

Well, this issue is another one in a long series of roadblocks that
we've had to struggle with over the years.  So, eventually, we should
seriously consider not being an FSF project anymore.

We are already having trouble keeping our documentation up-to-date.
Some of it is in such a poor shape as to be laughable.  Yes, it's
mostly our fault, but if we were able to generate documentation by
simply extracting it from the code.  Tools exist for this, and
properly maintained, they are very useful.

SC folks, please find some way of convincing the FSF to stop being
unreasonable about this.  We are already having a hard time generating
good documentation.  Why make it harder than it is?

Diego.