Re: GFDL/GPL issues

> I believe that the right fix (short of simply abandoning the GFDL,
> which would be fine with me, but is presumably not going to pass
> muster with RMS) is a revision to the GPL that explicitly permits
> relicensing GPL'd content under the GFDL, by anyone.  Movement in
> that direction should not be of concern to the FSF; the point of the
> GFDL was to prevent people removing the FSF's philosophical
> statements in its manuals, not to prevent GPL'd content from being
> used in manuals.

I like the sound of this proposed solution and agree fully with your
intent to get back to a more workable state for documentation
production and creation.

The simple plan as outlined above is frankly much easier to explain
and understand than these autogen GPL-index + GFDL content
machinations. That is unworkable IMHO.

Please, members of the SC, make this case.

-benjamin