Re: GNU/Linux ABI documentation ? GCC supports SSSE3 in general purpose code generation ?

"H.J. Lu" <hjl.tools@gmail.com> writes:

> On x86, it is OK for binary to have ISAs beyond the base ISA
> as long as proper ISA check is used before the new ISA code is
> entered. However, we should have a way to mark the base ISA.

That's what the Sun assembler does by default.  If you need to override
its findings if e.g. runtime checks are in place, you can do so with
linker maps, see gcc.target/i386/clearcap.map for an example.

	Rainer

Rainer Orth, Center for Biotechnology, Bielefeld University