This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: installing with minimal sudo
- From: Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at gmail dot com>
- To: basile at starynkevitch dot net
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 23:39:47 +0100
- Subject: Re: installing with minimal sudo
- References: <1277932731.4504.46.camel@glinka>
On 30/06/2010 22:18, Basile Starynkevitch wrote:
> How do you build & install GCC (trunk or some other branch) without
> having any root owned files in the build directory?
Run "make install" as the limited user, using a DESTDIR, then "sudo cp -R"
(or similar) the installed tree into final destination.