This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Illegal schedule
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- To: Boris Boesler <baembel at gmx dot de>
- Cc: GCC <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 15:18:38 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Illegal schedule
- References: <ED74092E-6439-4214-8955-D06773F64272@gmx.de>
On Mon, 21 Jun 2010, Boris Boesler wrote:
> The four instructions before the jump are placed into the
> delay slots, such that the delay slots are completely filled;
> but there is still the pipeline hazard, which can't be resolved
> by inserting NOPs now, because there are no free slots.
GCC ports with more than one delay-slot are SOL; there be bugs.
(No port in the official repository has more than one
delay-slot, so if reorg.c ever was bug-free in that regard,
there's little chance to spot any regression. It might even
be sanity-preserving to erroring out (or emitting a warning) in
genwhatever for such a define_delay.)