Re: typed gengtype & GCC plugins for both 4.5 & 4.6 - e.g. MELT

Quoting Basile Starynkevitch <basile@starynkevitch.net>:

A small but annoying issue is that GCC 4.5's gengtype does not accept
the variable_size annotation, and I would want to have it ignore
it. As far as I know, gengtype don't like CPP conditionals;

You can have a separate Makefile rule generate a header file without conditionals using cpp, and then put the generated header file instead of the original, so that gengtype will see the preprocessed header file.

Or if you still need conditional compilation in the header file that is
evaluated later, you could generate it with some other mechanism,
e.g. selecting from separate prepared files (or sets of file fragments)
during configure, or use a different preprocessor, e.g. m4.