Re: how to get instruction codes in gcc passes?

On 13/06/2010 20:57, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> Take a look at http://code.google.com/p/mao/ .
> Ian

Thanks, Ian! This project looks very interesting.
I will try to play with it.

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 2:28 AM, Dave Korn <dave.korn.cygwin@gmail.com> wrote:
> ?Or in binutils, LD's relaxation infrastructure might be usable to this end.
> ?But I think if you want something so platform dependent as to care about the
> bitpatterns of opcodes, it almost certainly ought to live in the assembler or
> linker rather than then compiler.
>
> ? ?cheers,
> ? ? ?DaveK

Yes, I agree that compiler maybe is not the best place for my
optimizations. I will try to see if binutils or mao provides better
environment for this developing.
Thanks for pointing out the places where the low-level optimizations
are more suitable.

Ilya K